Chicken, Lentil And Vegetable CurryBy Cynthia Black On Nov 17, 2020
Cooking Chicken, lentil and vegetable curry step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chicken, lentil and vegetable curry you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Fill the air with fragrant mouthwatering spices, pile the table with curries, then dive into a spectacular Indian feast.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chicken, Lentil And Vegetable Curry
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 6 (about 1.8kg) chicken thigh pieces, trimmed
- 3 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 145g (1/2 cup) Balti curry paste (see note)
- 1/4 cup fresh curry leaves
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see note)
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 450g sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 4cm pieces
- 175g (3/4 cup) red lentils
- 250g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Bought lime pickle, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken, Lentil And Vegetable Curry
- Melt the ghee in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook half the chicken for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
- Discard fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the onion. Cook, covered, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until soft. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the curry paste and curry leaves. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until aromatic. Add the stock and tomato. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken, sweet potato and lentils. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 25 minutes. Add cauliflower. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the coriander. Serve with lime pickle.
Nutritions of Chicken, Lentil And Vegetable Curry
fatContent: 541.335 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 46 grams protein
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe