Beef And Vegetable PiesBy On Nov 18, 2020
Cooking Beef and vegetable pies step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Beef and vegetable pies you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
With real chunks of meat and crisp golden pastry, our pies will score a goal when the dinner siren sounds!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Beef And Vegetable Pies
- 600g lean beef round steak, fat trimmed
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 120g frozen green peas
- 1 individual reduced-fat puff pastry
- 1 medium egg yolk, lightly beaten
- oil spray
The instruction how to make Beef And Vegetable Pies
- Place beef and flour in a large bowl and toss to coat. Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Cook beef, stirring, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reheat same pan over high heat. Cook onion, carrot and garlic, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add stock and beef and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Add potato and Worcestershire and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until beef is tender. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Lightly spray four 1-cup (250ml) capacity ovenproof dishes with oil. Spoon meat mixture into prepared dishes. Cut pastry into quarters. Top dishes with pastry. Trim excess and cut small leaf shapes from trimmings. Press edges to seal. Top with leaf shapes and brush pastry with egg. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Beef And Vegetable Pies