Bacon And Vegetable SliceBy Janelle Bloom On Oct 17, 2020
Cooking Bacon and vegetable slice step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Bacon and vegetable slice you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This heavenly slice, cooked quickly in the microwave, makes an ideal "takeanywhere" meal.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Bacon And Vegetable Slice
- Extra light olive oil, to grease
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed, diced
- 1 leek, halved lengthways, thinly sliced crossways
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, grated
- 105g (11/4 cup) grated tasty cheese
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml (1/2 cup) extra light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Natural yoghurt (optional), to serve
- Baby spinach leaves (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Bacon And Vegetable Slice
- Grease a 19cm (base measurement) square, heatproof microwave-safe dish lightly with the oil.
- Place bacon in a large, heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Cover with paper towel and cook on High/800watts/100%, stirring after 2 minutes, for 4 minutes. Add leek, cover with paper towel and cook on High/800watts/ 100% for a further 1 minute. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Stir in the zucchini, carrots, cheese and flour, and mix well.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil and mustard in a medium bowl. Add to the bacon and vegetable mixture, season with salt and pepper, and mix gently to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Place the dish on a microwave-safe rack or upturned saucer to elevate about 2cm above the turntable. Cook, uncovered, on Medium/500watts/50% for 15 minutes or until the edges are firm and the centre is slightly wobbly.
- Preheat grill on medium-high. Place the dish under the preheated grill for 4-5 minutes or until top is golden and centre is firm to touch.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm with a dollop of yoghurt, sprinkled with pepper, and spinach leaves, if using.
Nutritions of Bacon And Vegetable Slice
fatContent: 525.322 calories
saturatedFatContent: 40 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein
sodiumContent: 215 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : party, winter, main, dinner, budget friendly, family friendly, egg, flour, cheese, french, microwave, picnic, bacon, zucchini, slice, pie, quiche, mains, lunch, lunch-box, easy, simple, quick, fast, low carb, lower gi, low sugar,