Vegetable Samosa Pies (vegetarian)By Valli Little On Oct 09, 2020
Cooking Vegetable samosa pies (vegetarian) step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Vegetable samosa pies (vegetarian) you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Vegetable Samosa Pies (vegetarian)
- 500g potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 350g kumara, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- 400g can chopped tomatoes, drained of excess liquid
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Mango chutney, to serve
The instruction how to make Vegetable Samosa Pies (vegetarian)
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat (this will give the pies a crisp base), and grease 6 individual pie dishes.
- Cook the potato and kumara in boiling salted water until tender, then drain well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep frypan over medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cumin seeds, ground ginger and curry powder and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the garlic, peas, tomatoes, potato and kumara and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Stir in the coriander, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Stir the egg and lemon juice into the cooled mixture and season to taste.
- Place the pastry on a work surface and cover with a damp tea towel. Lay out one sheet and brush with melted butter, then place another sheet of pastry on top, repeating until you have 4 layers. Use scissors to cut into six 14cm squares and use to line the dishes, leaving some overhanging. Fill the pastry with the vegetable mixture.
- Place another sheet of filo on the bench, then place another sheet of pastry on top, repeating with remaining pastry. Using scissors or a round pastry cutter, cut six 14cm-diameter circles and place on top of each pie. Fold the excess pastry over the lids and pinch to secure. Brush the tops with extra butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place pies on the preheated tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with mango chutney.
Nutritions of Vegetable Samosa Pies (vegetarian)