Teriyaki Chicken & Vegetable SkewersBy Kerrie Mullins On Jul 31, 2020
Cooking Teriyaki chicken & vegetable skewers step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Teriyaki chicken & vegetable skewers you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken & Vegetable Skewers
- 6 (about 500g) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 6 green shallots, cut into 5cm lengths
- 125ml (1/2 cup) teriyaki marinade
- 420g (2 cups) white long-grain rice
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
The instruction how to make Teriyaki Chicken & Vegetable Skewers
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 10 minutes (this prevents the skewers from burning during cooking). Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
- Thread the chicken, capsicum, zucchini and green shallots alternately onto the skewers. Place in a large, shallow non-aluminium dish and pour the teriyaki marinade over. Turn the skewers to coat in the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes (or 1 hour if time permits) to marinate.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a medium saucepan following packet directions using the absorption method.
- Brush a chargrill or heavy-based frying pan lightly with the oil to grease and heat over high heat. Drain the skewers, reserving the marinade. Reduce heat to medium and add 1/2 the skewers. Cook, brushing often with the reserved marinade, for 3-4 minutes each side or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining skewers. Serve the skewers with the rice.
Nutritions of Teriyaki Chicken & Vegetable Skewers
fatContent: 615.903 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 88 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 99 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : family friendly, budget friendly, grill, barbecue, easy, quick, rice, zucchini, capsicum, lunch, main, dinner, vegetables, meat, chicken, skewers, asian, teriyaki, simple, everyday, kid-friendly, budget, japanese, kid friendly, low sugar,