Moroccan Vegetable & Sausage StewBy Nancy Duran & Valli Little On Jun 19, 2020
Cooking Moroccan vegetable & sausage stew step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Moroccan vegetable & sausage stew you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Try something different with sausages by using them as the protein in this quickcooking Moroccanstyle stew.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Moroccan Vegetable & Sausage Stew
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400g thin lamb sausages (preferably chipolatas)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan spice paste*
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 large carrots, peeled, chopped
- 3 small parsnips, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained
- Fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan Vegetable & Sausage Stew
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frypan over medium heat and cook the sausages, turning for 5-6 minutes until golden all over, then set aside. If not using chipolatas, cut the cooked sausages into 4-5cm lengths.
- Add the remaining oil to pan, reduce heat to medium-low and cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft but not browned. Stir in paste, cinnamon, carrots and parsnips.
- Add the stock and tomatoes, bring to the boil, then simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the chickpeas and sausages and cook for 5 minutes or until sausages are cooked through.
- Divide the stew among 4 bowls, scatter over mint and serve with lemon.
Nutritions of Moroccan Vegetable & Sausage Stew
fatContent: 485.887 calories
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 25 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 57 milligrams cholesterol