Savoury Vegetable PuddingsBy Valli Little On Jun 20, 2020
Cooking Savoury vegetable puddings step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Savoury vegetable puddings you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Heres a fun way to serve vegetables: in cheesy white sauce and topped with crunchy breadcrumbs (and extra cheese)
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Savoury Vegetable Puddings
- 350ml milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 60g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) plain flour
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus extra for topping
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, toasted, plus extra for topping
The instruction how to make Savoury Vegetable Puddings
- Place milk in a small pan with garlic and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and set aside to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the carrot in a saucepan with 2 cups (500ml) of water.
- Bring to boil, then add the peas. Cook for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
- Melt 40g butter in a saucepan, add flour and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain milk, discarding garlic, and add to pan. Stir for 1-2 minutes until thickened, then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cool slightly, then stir in eggs, cheeses, carrot, peas and spring onion.
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Butter four 120ml ramekins and coat base and sides with breadcrumbs. Spoon in the vegetable mixture and top with extra breadcrumbs and cheese. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook in oven for 20-25 minutes until crumbs are golden.
Nutritions of Savoury Vegetable Puddings
fatContent: 471.786 calories
saturatedFatContent: 28 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 17 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 21 grams protein
Tags : healthy, family friendly, bake, milk, breadcrumbs, flour, lunch, vegetarian main, vegetarian, vegetable bake, veg bake, baked vege, kids, budget, side dish, winter, low carb, low kilojoule, low sugar,