Winter Vegetable TagineBy Jill Dupleix On Jun 04, 2020
Cooking Winter vegetable tagine step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Winter vegetable tagine you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Brighten up a winters day with a vibrant vegetable tagine. The slow, gentle cooking brings out the sweetness of golden root vegetables such as carrots and kumara, accentuated by the natural sweetness of apricots, dates and honey, with the nuttiness of chickpeas for protein. Add a spoonful of aromatic spices, such as saffron, ginger and turmeric and itís like basking in warm rays of sunshine.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Winter Vegetable Tagine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1 large parsnip, peeled, cut into 8cm lengths
- 300g kumara, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground saffron (see Notes)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cinnamon quills
- Massel vegetable liquid stock or water, to cover
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2/3 cup (100g) dried apricots
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted
- Harissa, to serve (optional)
- Couscous, to serve
The instruction how to make Winter Vegetable Tagine
- Heat oil in a large flameproof casserole over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add carrot, parsnip, kumara, pumpkin, tomato paste, cayenne, saffron, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon quills. Pour in enough vegetable stock or water to just cover and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook gently for 45 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, apricots, dates, and honey. Season, then simmer for a further 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and the mixture is thick and soupy.
- Scatter with herbs and almonds. Serve with harissa and couscous, if desired.
Nutritions of Winter Vegetable Tagine
Tags : dinner, main, simmer, vegetarian, chickpeas, vegetable stock, cinnamon sticks, sweet potatoes, vegetables, couscous, almonds, honey, dates, apricot, ginger, saffron, carrot, onion, tomato, tagine, veggie, veg, casserole, baked, kid friendly,