Roast Tomato Soup With Prawns & Basil OilBy Katrina Woodman On Nov 16, 2020
Cooking Roast tomato soup with prawns & basil oil step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Roast tomato soup with prawns & basil oil you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This low calorie soup packs the fresh and bold flavours of garlic, basil and feta. Married with fresh truss and grape tomatoes and fresh prawns, this is a perfect winter warming meal.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Roast Tomato Soup With Prawns & Basil Oil
- 5 (about 650g) truss tomatoes
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, halved, thickly sliced
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 600g peeled green prawns, tails intact
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- Baby basil leaves, to serve
- Tabasco sauce, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Roast Tomato Soup With Prawns & Basil Oil
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut a shallow cross in the bottom of truss tomatoes. Place in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute or until skin starts to lift. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Peel. Halve. Remove seeds.
- Place combined tomato and onion on lined tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Sprinkle with sugar. Season. Roast for 30 minutes or until collapsed.
- Meanwhile, place garlic clove on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil. Roast for 12 minutes or until tender. Peel. Place basil in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Immediately drain. Refresh in iced water. Drain. Squeeze out excess moisture. Place basil, garlic and remaining oil in a jug. Use a stick blender to process until smooth. Season.
- Place tomato mixture and stock in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Use a stick blender to process until smooth. Season.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Season prawns. Cook, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until prawns change colour. Remove from heat. Stir through lemon juice. Divide soup among bowls. Top with prawns. Sprinkle with feta and basil. Drizzle with basil oil. Serve with Tabasco if desired.
Nutritions of Roast Tomato Soup With Prawns & Basil Oil
fatContent: 342.487 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein