Mums Slow-cooker Creamy Chicken SoupBy Claire Brookman On Nov 18, 2020
Cooking Mums slow-cooker creamy chicken soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mums slow-cooker creamy chicken soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Bring out the slow cooker to make this creamy onepot chicken soup. It tastes just like mums classic recipe and is the perfect way to beat the winter chill.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mums Slow-cooker Creamy Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 (800g) chicken lovely legs
- 1 leek, white part only, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, quartered lengthways, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1cm-thick pieces
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1.5 litres Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 3/4 cup dried risoni
- 200ml tub double thick cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 110g packet cheddar cheese twists, to serve
The instruction how to make Mums Slow-cooker Creamy Chicken Soup
- Heat oil in a flameproof slow cooker bowl over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer bowl to slow cooker. Add leek, carrot, celery, thyme and stock. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Using tongs, carefully remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a board. Place cornflour in a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup soup mixture. Stir until smooth. Add cornflour mixture and pasta to slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on high for a further 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard bones from chicken. Shred meat. Add to soup with cream. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover with lid. Cook on high for a further 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with extra thyme and lemon zest. Serve with twists.
Nutritions of Mums Slow-cooker Creamy Chicken Soup
fatContent: 743.529 calories
saturatedFatContent: 46 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 22.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 46.1 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 34.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 186 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone