Chilled Corn Soup With Drunken Tequila PrawnsBy Valli Little On Nov 14, 2020
Cooking Chilled corn soup with drunken tequila prawns step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chilled corn soup with drunken tequila prawns you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Serve soup in summer with this well balanced chilled recipe, great as a starter at any party.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chilled Corn Soup With Drunken Tequila Prawns
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 corn cobs, kernels sliced
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pure (thin) cream
- 8 green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 cup (250ml) tequila blanco (see note)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Thinly sliced red chilli, to serve
- Mustard cress, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilled Corn Soup With Drunken Tequila Prawns
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened, but not coloured. Add corn kernels and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Cool slightly, then blend soup until smooth. Strain through a sieve into a bowl, pressing down on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Stir through the cream and season. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until chilled.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the prawns, then remove immediately from the heat. Stand for 10 minutes, then drain. Place prawns in a bowl with tequila and lime zest and juice, then season. Cool, then transfer to the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
- To serve, divide soup among bowls. Drain prawns, then place 2 in each bowl. Season, then garnish with chilli and cress.
Nutritions of Chilled Corn Soup With Drunken Tequila Prawns
fatContent: 541.335 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 26 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 15 grams protein
sodiumContent: 78 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : shellfish, tequila, butter, prawns, corn, dinner, main, spring, summer, boil, soup, recipe for corn and prawn soup, cold soup recipe, summer soup recipe, appetiser, starter, entertaining, low carb, lower gi, high fibre, low sugar, Massel,