Slow-cooker Italian-style Chicken Noodle SoupBy Gemma Luongo & Kim Coverdale On Nov 11, 2020
Cooking Slow-cooker Italian-style chicken noodle soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Slow-cooker Italian-style chicken noodle soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This slowcooker chicken noodle soup is just what the doctor ordered.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Slow-cooker Italian-style Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1.2kg whole chicken
- 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thickly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Massel chicken style stock powder
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 2 fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1 cup small dried pasta shells
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker Italian-style Chicken Noodle Soup
- Rinse chicken under cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place chicken, carrot, celery, tomato, onion, 2 litres cold water, stock powder and bay leaf in the bowl of a 5.5-litre slow cooker. Remove leaves from parsley sprigs and reserve. Add stalks to the slow cooker. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 3 hours).
- Using tongs, carefully remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a large plate. Using a large slotted spoon, remove and discard the vegetables. Carefully strain the remaining broth through a large sieve over a large heatproof bowl (see notes). Discard any solids. Return broth to slow cooker bowl. Add pasta. Cover with lid. Cook on high for a further 15 minutes or until just tender (see notes).
- Meanwhile, remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Finely shred meat. Stir into broth. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Chop the reserved parsley leaves. Whisk eggs and parsley together in a jug. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture into pan. Swirl to cover the base. Cook for 2 minutes or until set. Transfer to a chopping board. Roughly chop into 1cm-thick slices.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with sliced egg and parmesan. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker Italian-style Chicken Noodle Soup
fatContent: 543.725 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 48.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 234 milligrams cholesterol