Spiced Lamb Shank And Butter Bean SoupBy Jan Castorina On Nov 10, 2020
Cooking Spiced lamb shank and butter bean soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spiced lamb shank and butter bean soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This hearty lamb shank soup is best served with some crusty white bread.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spiced Lamb Shank And Butter Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lamb shanks (about 300g each), fat trimmed
- 1 medium leek, halved lengthways, washed, drained, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 300g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, chopped
- 2 celery sticks with leaves, chopped
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 300g can butter beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 12 slices crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Spiced Lamb Shank And Butter Bean Soup
- Heat 1/2 the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb shanks and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Remove from the saucepan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in the saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, coriander, cumin and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add lamb shanks, stock and undrained tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Stir in the sweet potato and celery. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the soup from the heat.
- Remove the lamb shanks from the soup and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Cut the meat from the bones and roughly chop. Discard the bones. Return the meat to the soup. Allow to cool for 30 minutes. Pour into an airtight container and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight, until well chilled.
- Use a metal spoon to remove the fat from the surface of the soup. Place the soup in a saucepan with the butter beans and reheat over medium heat until simmering. Stir in the parsley and serve immediately with the slices of crusty bread.
Nutritions of Spiced Lamb Shank And Butter Bean Soup
fatContent: 322.411 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 33 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : entrée, starter, low fat, simmer, lunch, main, dinner, healthy, sweet potatoes, leek, autumn, winter, soup, lamb, meat, shanks, beans, comfort food, entr, low kilojoule, lower gi, low sugar, massel,