Thai-style Red Curry Pumpkin Soup With PrawnsBy Michelle Southan, Food editor - Australian Good Taste On Nov 10, 2020
Cooking Thai-style red curry pumpkin soup with prawns step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Thai-style red curry pumpkin soup with prawns you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Prawns are the ultimate complement to this spicy pumpkin soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Thai-style Red Curry Pumpkin Soup With Prawns
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2-4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 3 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1.3kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 20 green prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Thai-style Red Curry Pumpkin Soup With Prawns
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Add the pumpkin and lime leaves. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Transfer half the pumpkin soup to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer the soup to a clean saucepan.
- Repeat with the remaining pumpkin mixture. Place over low heat and add the coconut milk. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until they curl and change colour. Ladle the soup into shallow bowls. Top with the prawns and coriander and serve.
Nutritions of Thai-style Red Curry Pumpkin Soup With Prawns
fatContent: 439.76 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 23 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 27 grams protein
Tags : lower gi, pescatarian, healthy, starter, dinner, lunch, main, easy, coconut milk, spicy, thai, asian, seafood, pumpkin, prawn, curry, soup, butternut, prawns, appetiser, winter, comfort food, coconut, low carb, low kilojoule, massel,
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe