Spicy Lamb, Tomato And Chickpea BrothBy Cynthia Black On Nov 08, 2020
Cooking Spicy lamb, tomato and chickpea broth step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spicy lamb, tomato and chickpea broth you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Take soups from starters to the main event with this top recipe. Its hearty, tasty and budgetfriendly, too.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spicy Lamb, Tomato And Chickpea Broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (about 800g) lamb shanks
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 pinches of dried chilli flakes
- 4 (about 500g) large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1.75L (7 cups) water
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Greek-style natural yoghurt, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy Lamb, Tomato And Chickpea Broth
- Heat oil in a large-heavy based saucepan or flameproof casserole dish. Add the lamb and cook, turning often, for 8 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, cumin, Moroccan seasoning and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the lamb, tomato and water, and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2-2 hours or until lamb is tender and starts to fall off the bone.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and set aside to cool slightly. Remove and discard the bones. Coarsely chop the lamb. Skim the surface of the soup with a metal spoon to remove scum. Stir in the lamb, chickpeas and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Stir in the coriander. Divide among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of yoghurt.
Nutritions of Spicy Lamb, Tomato And Chickpea Broth
fatContent: 406.061 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 15 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 118 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : slow cook, tomato, budget friendly, chickpeas, lamb, autumn, winter, soup, dinner, main, meat, shanks, comfort food, traditional, budget, high protein, low carb, low sodium, low kilojoule, lower gi, low sugar,