Mussels With Saffron SauceBy Lisa Featherby On Nov 08, 2020
Cooking Mussels with saffron sauce step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mussels with saffron sauce you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Bouillabaisse beware, this creamy mussel and saffron dish is a delicious shortcut to traditional seafood soups.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mussels With Saffron Sauce
- 2 teaspoons saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 300g shallots, peeled, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) dry white wine
- 4kg black mussels, scrubbed, bearded
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) thin cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Mussels With Saffron Sauce
- Soak saffron in hot water in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add wine and bring to the boil. Increase heat to high. Add mussels and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mussels open. Transfer mussels to a heatproof bowl as they open to prevent overcooking. Set aside. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Bring liquid to the boil and cook for 15 minutes or until reduced to 2 3/4 cups (685ml). Strain into a large saucepan. Return half the strained shallots to the saucepan and discard the remainder. Add saffron and cream and bring to the boil. Stir through mussels to reheat.
- Divide mussels among shallow serving bowls. Pour over sauce and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Mussels With Saffron Sauce
fatContent: 313.09 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein