Chicken Mulligatawny StoupBy Amira Georgy On Nov 07, 2020
Cooking Chicken mulligatawny stoup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chicken mulligatawny stoup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The whole family will enjoy this Indianinspired chicken mulligatawny stoup, a cross between a soup and stew.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chicken Mulligatawny Stoup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 8 chicken drumsticks (see notes)
- 2/3 cup basmati rice, rinsed, drained
- 300g Kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 red apples, cored, chopped (see notes)
- Plain Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Mango chutney, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken Mulligatawny Stoup
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and celery for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the curry powder and cinnamon. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tomato paste. Stir to combine. Add stock and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 55 minutes or until chicken is tender. Using tongs, transfer chicken to a heatproof bowl. Add rice, pumpkin and apple to pan. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks.
- Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken. Using 2 forks, shred meat. Stir chicken into stoup. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve stoup topped with yoghurt, chutney and coriander.
Nutritions of Chicken Mulligatawny Stoup
fatContent: 419.206 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 49.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 30.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 98 milligrams cholesterol
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone