Basic Chicken StockBy Dixie Elliott On Nov 06, 2020
Cooking Basic chicken stock step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Basic chicken stock you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This tasty chicken stock makes a versatile and healthy base for many different meals and soups.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Basic Chicken Stock
- 1.5kg chicken wings, cut into pieces
- 5 litres water
- 1 leek, halved, washed, sliced
- 1 unpeeled onion, cut into quarters
- 3 unpeeled carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 bouquet garni (see note)
The instruction how to make Basic Chicken Stock
- Wash chicken pieces. Place into a large heavy-based saucepan. Pour over water. Bring to the boil, uncovered, over medium heat. Using a slotted spoon, skim off and discard any residue that forms on surface.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, skimming surface every 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add vegetables and bouquet garni. Cook, uncovered, for 2 hours. Turn heat off. Stand for 1 hour to cool (dont move or stir the stock).
- Line a sieve with muslin. Place over a large heatproof bowl or jug. Ladle stock into sieve. Discard vegetables and bouquet garni. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate overnight. Use a metal spoon to remove and discard fat from top of stock. Store in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutritions of Basic Chicken Stock