Lamb Shank Scotch BrothBy Not available On Oct 31, 2020
Cooking Lamb shank Scotch broth step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lamb shank Scotch broth you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Serve up a hearty family meal with this tender lamb shank Scotch broth. Its the perfect winter warmer.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lamb Shank Scotch Broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Coles Australian lamb shanks (about 800g)
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 turnip, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small swede, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (100g) pearl barley
- 2 Continental chicken stock pots
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Lamb Shank Scotch Broth
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb shanks and cook, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until leek softens. Add the fennel and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the turnip, swede and celery and cook for 2 mins or until well combined.
- Return the lamb to the pan with the barley, stock pots, tomato paste and 4 cups (1L) boiling water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, turning occasionally, for 2 hours or until the lamb is falling off the bone. Transfer the lamb shanks to a heatproof bowl. Finely shred the lamb meat. Discard the bones. Return the lamb meat to the pan.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with parsley leaves and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Lamb Shank Scotch Broth
fatContent: 346.55 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone