Fish ChowderBy Alison Adams On Oct 30, 2020
Cooking Fish chowder step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Fish chowder you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This fish chowder soup partners the delicate flavors of leek and tarragon with hot smoked salmon and would make a superb entree for that intimate dinner party.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Fish Chowder
- 25g butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500g sebago potatoes, peeled, cut into small pieces
- 1L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream, plus extra for serving
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 4 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped, plus extra to serve
- White pepper, to taste
- 2 x 150g flaked hot smoked salmon fillets
The instruction how to make Fish Chowder
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add potatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the cooked leek and potato mixture. Stir for 2 minutes. Slowly add the stock. Add 2 tsp of the fresh tarragon and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes. Add the thickened cream. Season with white pepper. Stir through another 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon.
- Divide 2 x 150g flaked hot smoked salmon fillets among bowls. Pour over soup. Sprinkle with fresh tarragon leaves.
Nutritions of Fish Chowder
fatContent: 375.947 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30.4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 22.4 grams protein
sodiumContent: 64 milligrams cholesterol