Vegetarian PhoBy Tracy Rutherford On Oct 29, 2020
Cooking Vegetarian pho step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Vegetarian pho you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Everyones favourite Vietnamese soup – pho – is now vegetarian and is just as soulsoothing as the beef version.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Vegetarian Pho
- 250g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 bunch baby pak choy, quartered lengthways
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- Bean sprouts, to serve
- Fresh Vietnamese mint sprigs, to serve
- Sliced fresh red chilli, to serve
- Hot chilli sauce, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 5 cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 large brown onion, quartered
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, halved horizontally
- 20g (3/4 cup) sliced, dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3L (12 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- Light soy sauce, to taste
The instruction how to make Vegetarian Pho
- To make the broth, place the cinnamon, star anise, cloves, coriander seeds and peppercorns in a dry frying pan over medium heat. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic. Set aside to cool slightly. Transfer mixture to a piece of muslin cloth and tie up with kitchen string to make a pouch. Add the onion and ginger to the frying pan and cook, turning often, for 3-5 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Place the onion mixture, muslin pouch and mushroom in a 6L slow cooker. Add the stock. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours to develop the flavours.
- Five minutes before the broth is ready, place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Drain well. Remove spice pouch from broth. Stir in soy sauce, to taste.
- Add the pak choy and tofu to the slow cooker. Cover. Cook on High for 5-10 minutes or until the pak choy is tender. Divide the noodles and soup among serving bowls. Top with bean sprouts, mint and sliced chilli. Serve with chilli sauce and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Vegetarian Pho
fatContent: 365.192 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein