Slow Cooker Northern-style Chinese Lamb RecipeBy Miranda Payne On Oct 30, 2020
Cooking Slow cooker Northern-style chinese lamb recipe step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Slow cooker Northern-style chinese lamb recipe you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Also known as Xinjiang lamb soup, this slow cooker dish sees the lamb shoulder cooked with the bone in, resulting in amazing flavour and tender meat. Its delicious with noodles and Asian greens.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Slow Cooker Northern-style Chinese Lamb Recipe
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2kg lamb shoulder, bone in
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 80ml (1/3 cup) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 450g fresh hokkien noodles
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow Cooker Northern-style Chinese Lamb Recipe
- Set a 5L slow cooker to Browning. Once heated, add peppercorns, cumin and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic. Transfer to a mortar and pound with a pestle until lightly crushed. Set aside.
- Season lamb. With the slow cooker still set to Browning, heat the olive oil and brown lamb all over for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Change the slow cooker setting to Low. Place the onion, ginger, garlic, cinnamon stick and star-anise in the base of the slow cooker. Place the lamb on top and rub all over with the spice mixture.
- Combine soy sauce, cooking wine, brown sugar and sesame oil in a jug. Pour around the lamb with 250ml (1 cup) water. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or until lamb is tender and falling off the bone.
- Remove the lamb from the slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat, discarding the bone.
- Meanwhile, add the buk choy and noodles to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 30 minutes or until noodles are heated through and buk choy is tender.
- Return the meat to slow cooker to heat through. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Nutritions of Slow Cooker Northern-style Chinese Lamb Recipe
fatContent: 810.688 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 20 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31.5 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein