Slow Pho BoBy Jo-Anne Woodman On Oct 27, 2020
Cooking Slow pho bo step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Slow pho bo you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Vietnamese pho is a classic soup. Made in the slow cooker the broth has loads of time to soak up the flavour.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Slow Pho Bo
- 1.2kg meaty beef bones or oxtail
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 whole star anise
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 2 brown onions, quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 5cm pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled, bruised
- 8cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons Squid Brand Fish Sauce, plus extra to taste
- 15g palm sugar, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 250g packet flat rice noodles
- 200-250g beef fillet steak, very thinly sliced
- 200g bean sprouts, trimmed
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1-2 long fresh red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fresh herbs (coriander, Vietnamese mint, Thai basil), to serve
- Hoisin sauce, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow Pho Bo
- Place bones and 1 tablespoon of the salt in a large bowl. Cover with cold water. Set aside for 1 hour to soak. Drain. Rinse under cold running water. Transfer to the bowl of a 5.5L slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, place the cloves, star anise, coriander, fennel, cumin and peppercorns in a piece of muslin. Tie to secure.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, fish sauce, palm sugar, remaining salt and the spice pouch to the slow cooker. Add enough water to cover bones. Cover with the lid. Set the slow cooker on Low and cook for 8-10 hours or until meat is falling from the bone.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer solids to a bowl. Discard vegetables and spice pouch. Remove meat from bones and shred. Discard bones. Skim and discard fat from the surface of the stock. Stir in lime juice and shredded meat. Add extra fish sauce to taste. Keep warm.
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Divide noodles among serving bowls.
- Place sliced beef on top of noodles. Ladle hot stock over. Top with bean sprouts, shallot, chilli and herbs. Serve with hoisin sauce and lime wedges.
Nutritions of Slow Pho Bo
fatContent: 412.514 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein