Prawn And Chorizo ChowderBy James Viles On Oct 22, 2020
Cooking Prawn and chorizo chowder step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Prawn and chorizo chowder you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
James Viles indulgent chowder is creamy, cheesy and irresistible: the perfect antidote to a cold day.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Prawn And Chorizo Chowder
- 150g chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200ml white wine
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 200ml pouring cream
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 corncob, husk and silk removed, kernels removed
- 12 green tiger prawns, peeled, deveined
- 100g gruyeu0300re, coarsely grated
- Small fresh parsley leaves, to serve
- Peeled cooked prawns, to serve (optional)
- 200g piece day-old bread
- 50g butter, melted
- 50g finely grated parmesan
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
The instruction how to make Prawn And Chorizo Chowder
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chorizo, turning, for 8 minutes or until browned. Use tongs to transfer the chorizo to a plate.
- Add onion and garlic to the same pan and cook over medium heat, stirring, for 10 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Add the wine and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add the stock and cream. Simmer for 12 minutes or until reduced by one-third. Reserve a few slices of chorizo. Return the remaining chorizo to the pan. Add the leek, corn kernels and green prawns and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked. Season.
- Meanwhile, for the croutons, preheat the oven to 175C/155C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces. Combine the butter, parmesan and garlic in a bowl. Add the bread and stir to coat well. Spread in a single layer on the prepared tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Ladle the chowder into serving bowls. Sprinkle with gruyeu0300re. Top with garlic croutons, reserved chorizo, parsley and cooked prawns, if you like.
Nutritions of Prawn And Chorizo Chowder
fatContent: 797.782 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 29 grams saturated fat
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
You may also like :
- Indian Lentil And Egg Curry Recipe
- Bacon Ranch Dress N Dip Sauce Recipe
- Tuna And Mixed Bean Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Blue Cheese With Crisp Vegetables And Crackers
- Middle Eastern Chickpea And Vegetable Salad
- Berry And Chocolate Scroll Cobbler
- Lamb Shank, Pumpkin And Fennel Scotch Broth
- Chicken And Chorizo Minestrone