Persian Lamb, Eggplant And Freekah StoupBy Amira Georgy On Oct 21, 2020
Cooking Persian lamb, eggplant and freekah stoup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Persian lamb, eggplant and freekah stoup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
A cross between a soup and a stew, this hearty lamb, eggplant and freekah stoup is sure to satisfy.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Persian Lamb, Eggplant And Freekah Stoup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g diced lamb
- 4 baby eggplant, cut into 2cm-thick slices (see notes)
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups Massel beef style liquid stock
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 3/4 cup cracked freekeh, rinsed (see notes)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon preserved lemon rind, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen broad beans, thawed, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio kernels
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
The instruction how to make Persian Lamb, Eggplant And Freekah Stoup
- Heat 1/2 the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook lamb, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add eggplant to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned and almost tender. Transfer to a separate plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and bay leaves. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until just softened. Add cumin, coriander and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock, saffron and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer. Return lamb to pan. Cook, covered, for 45 minutes or until almost tender. Add freekeh and apricots. Cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until freekeh is tender.
- Return eggplant to pan with honey, preserved lemon and broad beans. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve stoup topped with pistachios, mint and pomegranate seeds.
Nutritions of Persian Lamb, Eggplant And Freekah Stoup
fatContent: 556.153 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 38.5 grams protein
sodiumContent: 97 milligrams cholesterol