Homestyle MinestroneBy Valli Little On Oct 20, 2020
Cooking Homestyle minestrone step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Homestyle minestrone you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Traditional Italian minestrone soup is a nutritious and healthy start to any meal.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Homestyle Minestrone
- 250g dried Italian soup bean mix (see note)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 100g sliced pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 3L Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 2/3 cups (200g) frozen peas
- 1/4 savoy cabbage, core removed, thinly sliced (to give 1 1/2 cups)
- 150g ditalini, small macaroni or other short tubular pasta
- 1/2 cup Pesto Genovese
- Freshly grated parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Homestyle Minestrone
- Place the Italian soup bean mix in a large bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak overnight.
- The next day, drain the beans and rinse well. Place the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and pancetta, then cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until the vegetables have softened. Add tomato paste and stir for a further minute. Add drained beans, canned tomatoes, stock and bay leaves. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil, then partially cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent catching, until the beans are tender.
- Add the peas, cabbage and pasta, then cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the peas and cabbage are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper (adding salt earlier can make the beans tough). Ladle the minestrone into bowls, then swirl through some pesto and serve topped with shaved parmesan.
Nutritions of Homestyle Minestrone
fatContent: 537.511 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
Tags : european, italian, budget friendly, kid friendly, pasta, peas, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, pancetta, carrot, celery, beans, simmer, autumn, winter, starter, lunch, main, dinner, soup, entree, appetiser, traditiona, low carb, lower gi, low sugar,
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons