LaksaBy Chrissy Freer On Oct 19, 2020
Cooking Laksa step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Laksa you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This vibrant laksa takes soup out of the realm of starter into that of main course.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Laksa
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500ml (2 cups) coconut milk
- 300g pkt dried rice noodles
- 2 single chicken breasts, steamed, sliced
- 1 pkt bean sprouts, straggly ends trimmed
- 4 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 cup Vietnamese mint leaves
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- Fried eschallots, to serve*
- 4 large dried chillies, soaked in hot water
- 3 eschallots, preferably Asian (red), peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3cm piece fresh ginger
- 2 small red chillies, seeded, chopped
- 4 stems lemongrass (white part only), sliced
- 8 macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
The instruction how to make Laksa
- To make the laksa paste, drain the chillies and place in a food processor with the eschallots, garlic, ginger, red chillies, lemongrass, nuts, shrimp paste, turmeric, coriander, sugar and peanut oil.
- Whiz in the processor until everything is finely chopped and forms a paste. This paste can be kept in a glass jar in the fridge until needed.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the spice paste and stir-fry for about 5-6 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk, and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then decrease heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak the dried rice noodles in a large bowl of boiling water for about 5 minutes until soft. Drain. Divide the noodles among serving bowls and place chicken on top. Ladle over the hot soup.
- Garnish with the bean sprouts, spring onions, Vietnamese mint leaves, coriander and fried eschallots.
Nutritions of Laksa
You may also like :
- Beef And Chorizo Tacos
- Stir-fried Lamb, Vegetables & Noodles
- Steamed Scallops With Chinese Pickled Vegetables
- Banana Split Tray Bake
- Elderflower Ice Cream
- Sweet Potato Soup With Asian-style Pesto
- Mushroom And Potato Soup With Croutons And Cucumber Pickle
- Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup With Tofu Croutons