Andalusian GazpachoBy Sophia Young On Oct 17, 2020
Cooking Andalusian gazpacho step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Andalusian gazpacho you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Cool down on hot summer days with this refreshing chilled tomato soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Andalusian Gazpacho
- 375g day-old rustic-style bread
- 1.75kg ripe egg tomatoes
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeded
- 1 Spanish onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 140ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Large pinch ground cumin
- 2 inner celery stalks with leaves attached
- 125g blanched whole almonds, split
The instruction how to make Andalusian Gazpacho
- Remove crusts from bread and cut into 9 slices. Cut 6 slices into small cubes and reserve. Soak remaining 3 slices in a bowl of water for 10 minutes, then squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- Cut a cross in the base of each tomato, then blanch, in batches, in a pan of boiling water for 10 seconds. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of iced water, cool, then peel. Halve tomatoes, scoop seeds into a bowl and place halves in a separate bowl, then strain seeds and juices over tomatoes, discarding solids.
- Roughly chop half of one of the cucumbers, half a capsicum and half an onion and add to tomatoes. Process soaked bread and garlic in a food processor until a paste forms. Add tomatoes and roughly chopped vegetables and process until smooth. With motor running, gradually add 100ml oil, then add vinegar, lemon juice and cumin. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Refrigerate soup for 1 hour to chill or overnight until ready to serve.
- To serve, finely chop celery stalks with leaves, remaining cucumbers, capsicum and onion, keeping ingredients separate. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat, add almonds and cook, tossing until golden, then remove from pan. Wipe pan clean. Heat remaining oil over medium heat, add bread cubes and cook, tossing until golden.
- Serve chilled gazpacho drizzled with extra oil, and with vegetable accompaniments, croutons and almonds passed separately.
Nutritions of Andalusian Gazpacho
fatContent: 535.121 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 38 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein
Tags : vegetarian, entrée, soup, autumn, pan fry, bread, almonds, celery, lemon juice, garlic, onion, capsicum, cucumber, tomato, soups, cold soups, appetiser, entree, starter, starters, summer, spanish, gazpacho recipe, gazpach, entr,