Saffron & Pepper Seafood BrothBy Rodney Dunn On Oct 15, 2020
Cooking Saffron & pepper seafood broth step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Saffron & pepper seafood broth you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
If youre cooking for a couple, saffron and seafood soup is a delicious option for special occasions.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Saffron & Pepper Seafood Broth
- 2 egg tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 eschalot (French shallot), finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon strands saffron
- 1.125L (4 1/2 cups) fish stock
- 4 (about 100g each) skinless flathead fillets, halved crossways
- 12 (about 400g) green king medium prawns, peeled with tails left intact, deveined
- 12 black (local) mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 12 (about 150g) Tasmanian scallops, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons Red Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 bunch chives, cut into 2cm lengths
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Saffron & Pepper Seafood Broth
- Use a small knife to cut a shallow cross in the base of each tomato. Place in a medium heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove from water and carefully remove skin. Cut in half lengthways, deseed, and finely dice the flesh. Transfer to a small bowl, cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add eschalot and cook, uncovered, stirring, for 2 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Add saffron and fish stock. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the fish and prawns, and simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
- Add mussels and scallops to pan and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until mussels open. Discard any unopened mussels. Stir in the tomatoes and pepper sauce.
- Ladle seafood broth into large serving bowls. Sprinkle with chives and serve immediately with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Saffron & Pepper Seafood Broth
fatContent: 327.669 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 55 grams protein