Beef Minestrone With Pearl BarleyBy Not available On Oct 16, 2020
Cooking Beef minestrone with pearl barley step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Beef minestrone with pearl barley you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Cheesy parmesan toasts are the perfect accompaniment to this hearty beef and vegetable soup.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Beef Minestrone With Pearl Barley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g Coles Australian Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) Campbells Italian Soup Base
- 1/2 cup (100g) pearl barley
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 100g Coles Fresh Chopped Kale
- 8 thin slices baguette
- 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan, finely grated
The instruction how to make Beef Minestrone With Pearl Barley
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Season beef. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 mins or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook for 5 mins or until vegetables begin to soften. Add soup base and 3 cups (750ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Add barley and cook, covered, for a further 30 mins or until beef is tender.
- Add zucchini and cook for 15 mins. Add kale and stir until the kale wilts.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Toast bread on 1 side. Turn and sprinkle evenly with parmesan. Cook under grill until golden and melted.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Serve with parmesan toasts.
Nutritions of Beef Minestrone With Pearl Barley