Fish And Chat Potato ChowderBy Kate Nichols On Oct 12, 2020
Cooking Fish and chat potato chowder step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Fish and chat potato chowder you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Somewhere between a soup and stew, this fish and potato chowder will satisfy the hungriest of guests.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Fish And Chat Potato Chowder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g smoked speck,* pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1 baby fennel bulb, finely chopped, fronds reserved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine
- 8 baby chat potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces
- 2 1/2 cups (625ml) milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 500g skinless white fish fillets (such as blue-eye), bones and blood lines removed, flesh cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure (thin) cream
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Fish And Chat Potato Chowder
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan over medium-high heat and cook the speck, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until it is beginning to brown. Reduce the heat to low, then add the onion, celery, fennel and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add flour and cayenne pepper, if using, and stir until well combined. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil, then simmer over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the potatoes, milk and bay leaf, and simmer rapidly for 12 minutes over medium-high heat. Stir in the fish and cream, and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the chowder scattered with parsley and reserved fennel fronds.
Nutritions of Fish And Chat Potato Chowder
fatContent: 433.307 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein
sodiumContent: 106 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : easy, starter, entrée, lunch, dinner, main, simmer, stew, autumn, winter, potato, flour, celery, speck, seafood, fish, soup, appetiser, entree, traditional, special occasion, gourmet, entr, kid friendly, low carb, low kilojoule, lower gi,