Celeriac Velouté With Chive Cream And Crispy PancettaBy Manu Feildel On Oct 07, 2020
Cooking Celeriac velouté with chive cream and crispy pancetta step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Celeriac velouté with chive cream and crispy pancetta you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Manu Feildel makes creamy celeriac velouté with chive cream and pancetta, perfect for cooler nights.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Celeriac Velouté With Chive Cream And Crispy Pancetta
- 6 thin slices pancetta
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1kg celeriac, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Crusty bread, to serve
- 150g cru00e8me frau00eeche (or sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- 150ml pouring cream
The instruction how to make Celeriac Velouté With Chive Cream And Crispy Pancetta
- For the chive cream, whisk the cru00e8me frau00eeche in a bowl until smooth. Whisk in lemon juice and mustard. Stir in chives. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the pouring cream until soft peaks form. Fold into cru00e8me frau00eeche mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the pancetta in a single layer on the prepared tray. Bake for 7-10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add celeriac, onion, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened slightly (but are not coloured). Add milk (top up with water if the vegetables are not covered). Stir constantly and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Season to taste. Divide the soup among bowls. Top with a generous dollop of chive cream and broken pieces of pancetta. Drizzle with olive oil, if using, and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Celeriac Velouté With Chive Cream And Crispy Pancetta