Pearl Barley Minestrone With Italian SausageBy Sarah Hobbs On Oct 06, 2020
Cooking Pearl barley minestrone with Italian sausage step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pearl barley minestrone with Italian sausage you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Natural, wholesome grains have been used around the world for centuries, but come alive in nourishing new treats.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pearl Barley Minestrone With Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thin Italian-style sausages, casings removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 pancetta slices, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (115g) pearl barley
- 4 cups (1 litre) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, finely shredded
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Pearl Barley Minestrone With Italian Sausage
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add half the sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining sausage.
- Add the remaining oil to the saucepan. Add the onion, pancetta, carrot and celery and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the zucchini, tomato, pearl barley and sausage and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until zucchini softens slightly. Add the chicken stock and tomato paste and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until barley is tender and soup thickens slightly. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach to the soup and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with parmesan and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Pearl Barley Minestrone With Italian Sausage
fatContent: 396.023 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 34 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein
sodiumContent: 50 milligrams cholesterol