Parsnip & Ginger Soup With Persian FetaBy Cynthia Black On Oct 03, 2020
Cooking Parsnip & ginger soup with Persian feta step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Parsnip & ginger soup with Persian feta you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Warm up on a cool evening with this fresh seasonal vegie soup laced with ginger and spice.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Parsnip & Ginger Soup With Persian Feta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 (about 1.25kg) parsnips, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1.375L (5 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 pieces Lebanese bread, cut into wedges
- 80g Persian feta, drained, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
The instruction how to make Parsnip & Ginger Soup With Persian Feta
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the ginger and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add parsnip and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until the parsnip is tender. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the cumin seeds in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Ladle half the parsnip mixture into the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining parsnip mixture. Place the soup over low heat and stir until heated through.
- While the soup is reheating, preheat grill on high. Place the bread on a large baking tray and cook under grill for 2 minutes each side or until toasted.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper. Ladle among serving bowls and sprinkle with the cumin, feta and coriander. Serve with the toasted bread.
Nutritions of Parsnip & Ginger Soup With Persian Feta
fatContent: 291.58 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 12 grams protein