Beetroot Soup With Creme Fraiche And ChivesBy Olivia Andrews On Oct 01, 2020
Cooking Beetroot soup with creme fraiche and chives step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Beetroot soup with creme fraiche and chives you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Everyone will love this spectacular beetroot soup, which offers a gourmet take on the traditional favourite.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Beetroot Soup With Creme Fraiche And Chives
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 450g can baby beetroot, drained, roughly chopped
- Sour cream, to serve
- Croutons, to serve
- Fresh chives, finely snipped, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
The instruction how to make Beetroot Soup With Creme Fraiche And Chives
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and carrot and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the chopped potato and cook, stirring, for a further 5 minutes. Add the bay leaf, stock and 1 cup (250ml) water. Increase the heat to medium-high, bring soup to the boil, then cook for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Add the chopped canned beetroot and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then discard the bay leaf. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth (or puree in batches in a blender). Season soup to taste, add a little extra water if its too thick, and warm through over low heat if necessary.
- To serve, divide soup among bowls and top each with a dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream. Scatter with croutons and chives, then drizzle with oil.
Nutritions of Beetroot Soup With Creme Fraiche And Chives
fatContent: 154.633 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein