Celeriac Soup With Smoked Trout ToastiesBy Jill Dupleix On Oct 02, 2020
Cooking Celeriac soup with smoked trout toasties step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Celeriac soup with smoked trout toasties you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
The nutty, almost smoky flavour of celeriac lightens this velvety soup, spiked with its distant cousins celery and celery seeds. The toasties served on the side turns soup into a light lunch or supper.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Celeriac Soup With Smoked Trout Toasties
- 3 potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 600ml Massel chicken style liquid stock or Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 large celeriac, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced, a few inner leaves reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Good pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds (see Notes)
- 200g smoked trout fillet, shredded
- 1/2 cup (60g) grated gruyere or cheddar
- 4 tortillas
The instruction how to make Celeriac Soup With Smoked Trout Toasties
- Place potatoes in a pan with stock and 600ml water and bring to the boil. Add celeriac and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil or butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add to celeriac pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove a few pieces of celeriac, finely chop, then set aside.
- In batches, blend soup until a smooth puree. Return to pan with the celeriac and spices. Season and stir to combine.
- For the smoked trout toasties, heat a chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Scatter the trout and grated cheese over 2 tortillas. Season well with pepper, then sandwich with the remaining tortillas. Place on the grill for 2 minutes until lightly browned, then carefully turn and grill the other side for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. Cut into fingers.
- Divide soup among bowls, then scatter with celery leaves and celery seeds, and serve with the toasties.
Nutritions of Celeriac Soup With Smoked Trout Toasties
fatContent: 245.453 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7.6 grams protein
sodiumContent: 3 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : pescatarian, grill, simmer, boil, pepper, nutmeg, butter, olive oil, chicken stock, vegetable stock, tortilla, cheese, fish, trout, onion, celeriac, potato, celery, soups, winter, soup recipes, jill dupleix, cold weather, seafood, tortillas, massel,