Caramelised Onion Soup With Gruyere BeignetsBy Lucy Busuttil On Sep 29, 2020
Cooking Caramelised onion soup with gruyere beignets step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Caramelised onion soup with gruyere beignets you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Weve updated this classic French onion soup with some ridiculously good cheese fritters.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Caramelised Onion Soup With Gruyere Beignets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40g butter
- 1kg brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 1L (4 cups) Massel beef style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 50g butter
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 80g (1 cup) coarsely grated gruyere
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
The instruction how to make Caramelised Onion Soup With Gruyere Beignets
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 30 minutes or until caramelised.
- Add flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add the wine. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until thick. Add stock, water, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until thickened slightly. Season.
- Meanwhile, to make beignets, place water and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Sprinkle flour over water mixture. Cook, stirring, until well combined and a smooth dough forms. Remove from heat. Stir in the gruyere.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, stirring until combined. Stir in mustard and chives. Season.
- Add oil to a heavy-based saucepan to reach a depth of 10cm. Heat to 170C over medium heat (when oil is ready, a cube of bread will turn golden brown in 20 seconds). Drop 8 dessertspoonfuls of dough into the oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until puffed and golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Season with salt. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining dough.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with beignets and sprinkle with chives.
Nutritions of Caramelised Onion Soup With Gruyere Beignets
fatContent: 534.165 calories
saturatedFatContent: 41 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 14 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 14 grams protein