Roast Beetroot Soup With Crispy ToppingBy Chrissy Freer On Sep 28, 2020
Cooking Roast beetroot soup with crispy topping step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Roast beetroot soup with crispy topping you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Beetroot soup is a tasty way to start your menu or better yet, make it the star! Goats cheese gives a beautiful creaminess.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Roast Beetroot Soup With Crispy Topping
- 5-6 large (1kg) trimmed beetroot
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) homemade stock or Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 4 slices rye bread, toasted, to serve
- 40g soft goats cheese
The instruction how to make Roast Beetroot Soup With Crispy Topping
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Wrap each beetroot in foil and place in a baking dish. Roast for 1 hour 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Set aside to cool slightly. Peel and discard skin. Coarsely chop beetroot.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add stock, water and beetroot. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15u00a0minutes. Cool slightly. Blend in batches until smooth.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine sunflower seeds, pepitas and oats in a bowl. Spread mixture on tray. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden.
- Reheat soup in saucepan, gently over low heat. Spread toast with cheese. Sprinkle soup with topping and serve with toast.
Nutritions of Roast Beetroot Soup With Crispy Topping
fatContent: 346.072 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 15 grams protein