Thai Slow-roasted Pumpkin Soup With Crispy Wonton NoodlesBy Michelle Southan On Sep 26, 2020
Cooking Thai slow-roasted pumpkin soup with crispy wonton noodles step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Thai slow-roasted pumpkin soup with crispy wonton noodles you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Weve pumped up pumpkin soup with Thai red curry paste and a mix of crunchy, fresh and spicy toppings. Its a total flavour bomb!
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Thai Slow-roasted Pumpkin Soup With Crispy Wonton Noodles
- 1.5kg kent pumpkin, unpeeled, cut into 4cm-thick wedges, deseeded
- 800g kent pumpkin, extra, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 12 wonton wrappers, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 broccolini stalks, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 60ml (1/4 cup) coconut cream, plus extra, to drizzle
- Finely shredded red cabbage, to serve
- Sliced fresh red chilli, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Black sesame seeds or toasted white sesame seeds, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 30g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
The instruction how to make Thai Slow-roasted Pumpkin Soup With Crispy Wonton Noodles
- Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place the pumpkin wedges on 1 prepared tray and pumpkin pieces on the other. Drizzle all the pumpkin with 3 tbs olive oil. Season. Roast the wedges for 1 hour. Add the pumpkin pieces and roast the wedges and pieces for 30 minutes, until tender but not coloured.
- Meanwhile, for the coriander and spinach oil, place the spinach, coriander and oil in a small bowl or jug. Use a stick blender to blend until well combined. Strain oil through a fine sieve over a jug. Discard solids.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a saucepan to reach a depth of 2cm. Heat over medium heat. Working in batches, cook wonton strips for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain.
- Remove pumpkin wedges from oven. Increase the temperature to 200C/180C fan forced. Roast the pumpkin pieces for a further 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the pumpkin pieces continue to cook, use a large spoon to scoop out the flesh from the pumpkin wedges. Place in a bowl. Discard the skin.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbs olive oil in a stockpot or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the pumpkin flesh scooped from the wedges. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the soup thickens slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blanch the broccolini in a saucepan of boiling water for 1-2 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp. Drain.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add the coconut cream and stir to combine. Place over low heat to warm through. Ladle the soup into wide, shallow serving bowls and drizzle with coriander oil and extra coconut cream. Top with the roasted pumpkin pieces, broccolini, cabbage, chilli, fried shallots and sesame seeds. Just before serving, sprinkle with the fried wonton noodles. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritions of Thai Slow-roasted Pumpkin Soup With Crispy Wonton Noodles
fatContent: 711.981 calories
saturatedFatContent: 58 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 7 grams protein
You may also like :
- Minted Haloumi With Roast Vegetables
- Beef And Vegetable Meatloaf
- Whole Grain Spaghetti With Veal, Speck Ragu And Napoletana Sauce
- Whole Grain Penne Rigate With Italian Sausages, Mushrooms, Pancetta And Olive Sauce
- Bucatini With Cauliflower, Sardines And Anchovies
- Orecchiette With Prawns And Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Spaghetti With Sea Bream And Mediterranean Vegetables
- Apricot Cobbler