Lamb, Barley & Swede SoupBy Amanda Kelly On Sep 25, 2020
Cooking Lamb, barley & swede soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Lamb, barley & swede soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This hearty winter soup is the perfect comfort food.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Lamb, Barley & Swede Soup
- 205g (1 cup) pearl barley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g diced lamb
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium (about 200g) parsnips, peeled, halved lengthways, cut into 1cm-thick pieces
- 2 medium (about 200g) carrots, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 swede, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- Pinch of salt
The instruction how to make Lamb, Barley & Swede Soup
- Place the barley in a large bowl and cover with plenty of cold water. Set aside overnight to soak. Drain.
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the lamb and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Repeat with the remaining lamb, reheating the pan between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add the lamb, barley, parsnip, carrot, swede, stock and bay leaves, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Add the celery and simmer, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes or until barley and lamb are tender. Remove from heat. Add the parsley and oregano, and taste and season with salt.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Lamb, Barley & Swede Soup
fatContent: 453.144 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 37 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 26 grams protein