Roasted Tomato And Capsicum SoupBy Annette Forrest On Sep 25, 2020
Cooking Roasted tomato and capsicum soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Roasted tomato and capsicum soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Roasting the tomatoes and capsicum first, before adding them to the soup, intensifies the flavour of this winter favourite.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Roasted Tomato And Capsicum Soup
- 8 large ripe tomatoes, halved crossways
- 1 red capsicum, quartered lengthways
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 desiree potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
The instruction how to make Roasted Tomato And Capsicum Soup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line base of a large roasting pan with baking paper. Arrange tomatoes and capsicum in a single layer in pan. Sprinkle with vinegar, oil, sugar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine potato, stock and tomato paste in a saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 12 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend potato and stock mixture until smooth. Return to saucepan. Blend roasted vegetables, pan juices and 1/3 cup basil leaves until smooth. Stir into potato mixture.
- Place pan over medium heat and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soup is heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with remaining basil. Serve.
Nutritions of Roasted Tomato And Capsicum Soup
fatContent: 146.029 calories
saturatedFatContent: 5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein