Southern-style Chicken SoupBy Not available On Sep 24, 2020
Cooking Southern-style chicken soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Southern-style chicken soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Chorizo and Cajun spiced chicken give this tasty winter soup a southernstyle twist.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Southern-style Chicken Soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (130g) chorizo, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 cups (1.5L) salt-reduced Massel Organic Liquid Chicken Style Stock
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets, halved horizontally
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Southern-style Chicken Soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until lightly browned. Add celery, Cajun seasoning and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add stock, chicken, tomato and chickpeas. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a chopping board. Simmer soup, uncovered, for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, use two forks to shred the chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Return the chicken to the soup just before serving. Stir in parsley to serve.
Nutritions of Southern-style Chicken Soup