Spinach & Fennel SoupBy Janene Brooks On Sep 23, 2020
Cooking Spinach & fennel soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Spinach & fennel soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Spinach & Fennel Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, ends trimmed, outer layers removed, chopped
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 large brushed (sebago) potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 250g pkt frozen chopped spinach, thawed, liquid retained
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Ground nutmeg, to taste
- Parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese shavings, to serve
The instruction how to make Spinach & Fennel Soup
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add fennel, onion, garlic and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add chicken stock and potato, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 30 minutes or until fennel is very soft.
- Add spinach and its liquid, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a blender in batches and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan and gently reheat. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Serve topped with Parmesan shavings.
Nutritions of Spinach & Fennel Soup
fatContent: 100.38 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 4 grams protein
You may also like :
- Open Beef, Spinach & Feta Pies
- Cheats Beef And Mushroom Ragu
- Moroccan Roast Chicken With Apricot And Pistachio Couscous Stuffing
- Marinated Vegetables, Pastrami & Feta Focaccia
- Teriyaki Salmon With Pickled Vegetables
- Roasted Lamb Rack & Spring Vegetables
- Ferrero Rocher Brownies
- Cheats Mini Berry Jelly Trifle Recipe