MulligatawnyBy Tracy Rutherford On Sep 16, 2020
Cooking Mulligatawny step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Mulligatawny you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Youve got a warming and worldy soup with this hearty Mulligatawny.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Mulligatawny
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 360g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 small granny smith apple, peeled, grated
- 2/3 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 270ml can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Pappadums, to serve
The instruction how to make Mulligatawny
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken. Turn to coat. Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Cool slightly. Using a fork, shred chicken. Return chicken to pan. Add apple, lentils and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in lemon juice. Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Top with coriander. Serve with pappadums.
Nutritions of Mulligatawny
fatContent: 492.34 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27.4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 27.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 31.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 63 milligrams cholesterol