Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy BaconBy Jessica Brook & Phoebe Wood On Aug 08, 2020
Cooking Cauliflower & parmesan soup with crispy bacon step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Cauliflower & parmesan soup with crispy bacon you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Comfort food doesnt mean hours in the kitchen. Our speedy cauliflower soup will instantly warm you up.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes (about 400g), chopped
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large (about 1kg) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 3 bacon rashers, chopped
- 4 bread rolls
- Grated nutmeg, to serve
- Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with foil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, onion and garlic, then cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the potato, chicken stock, bay leaf and three-quarters of the cauliflower, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir through the cream and 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon and remaining cauliflower on one of the lined baking trays. Season with pepper, then drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Put the bread rolls on a separate tray, sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup (25g) parmesan and bake for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls, then top with crispy cauliflower and bacon. Sprinkle with nutmeg and parsley, drizzle with oil and serve with bread rolls.
Nutritions of Cauliflower & Parmesan Soup With Crispy Bacon
fatContent: 807.581 calories
saturatedFatContent: 48 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 19 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 11 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol
Tags : easy, dinner, entrée, lunch, starter, autumn, winter, simmer, potato, onion, celery, meat, bacon, soup, parmesan, cauliflower, soups, midweek meals, main, mains, family, entr, kid friendly, Massel,