Pork Wonton SoupBy Annette Forrest On Aug 01, 2020
Cooking Pork wonton soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Pork wonton soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Slurp up this clear chicken broth filled with delicate pork wontons.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Pork Wonton Soup
- 8 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 4 small iceberg lettuce leaves, halved
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 200g pork mince
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 4 water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Pinch of white pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
The instruction how to make Pork Wonton Soup
- Make wontons: Place mushrooms in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze excess liquid from mushrooms. Trim and discard stems. Finely chop mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms, pork, onion, water chestnuts, soy sauce, sugar and cornflour in a bowl. Season with salt and white pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Place 1 wonton wrapper on a clean surface. Place 1 heaped teaspoon pork mixture in centre. Brush edges with water. Fold wonton over to enclose filling and form a triangle. Press edges together. Fold base corners of triangle up and around filling. Press to join. Repeat using remaining wrappers and pork mixture.
- Bring stock and ginger to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook wontons in water, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until pork is cooked through and wontons float. Remove to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Cover to keep warm.
- Just before serving add lettuce to boiling stock. Cook for 30 seconds or until just wilted. Divide wontons between serving bowls. Ladle over stock and lettuce. Sprinkle with onions and serve.
Nutritions of Pork Wonton Soup
fatContent: 274.133 calories
saturatedFatContent: 8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 31 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19 grams protein