Chian Mai Noodle SoupBy Marion Grasby On Jul 31, 2020
Cooking Chian mai noodle soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chian mai noodle soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
For an Asian inspired hearty soup, try this creamy Thai coconut noodle soup recipe.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chian Mai Noodle Soup
- 200g fresh thin egg noodles (see note)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 75g (1/4 cup) Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1L coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 300g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 150g deep-fried egg noodles, (see note) gently broken into large chunks
- 3 Asian red eschalots, (see note) thinly sliced
- 100g pickled mustard greens, (see note) rinsed, drained, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Chian Mai Noodle Soup
- Cook the fresh noodles in boiling salted water for 2 minutes or until just cooked. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and spices, and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant and steaming. Add 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk and simmer for 2 minutes to let the flavours infuse. Add the remaining 750ml (3 cups) coconut milk, the fish sauce, sugar and 500ml (2 cups) of water. Toss in the chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Arrange small handfuls of the cooked noodles in serving bowls, then ladle over the soup. Place a chunk of the deep-fried noodles on top of each. Scatter over a couple of slices of eschalots, a pinch of sliced mustard greens and a small handful of coriander leaves. Finish with a squeeze of lime.
Nutritions of Chian Mai Noodle Soup