Roast Cauliflower Dhal SoupBy Jo-Anne Woodman On Jul 27, 2020
Cooking Roast cauliflower dhal soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Roast cauliflower dhal soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
This warming vegie soup is perfect for feeding the hungry hordes.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Roast Cauliflower Dhal Soup
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 210g (1 cup) red lentils, rinsed
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, chopped
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Naan bread, warmed, to serve
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12-14 fresh curry leaves
- 1 large brown onion, quartered, u2028thinly sliced crossways
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
The instruction how to make Roast Cauliflower Dhal Soup
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place cauliflower on prepared tray. Drizzle with ghee. Season. Toss to coat. Roast for 20-25u00a0minutes or until edges turn golden.
- Meanwhile, place the stock and water in a saucepan over high heat. Add lentils. Bring to the boil. Skim and discard foam. Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli. Season. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until lentils break down.
- Remove from heat and add roasted cauliflower. Blend one-third of the mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat twice with the u2028remaining cauliflower mixture.
- For the tarka, heat ghee in a frying u2028pan over medium heat. Add cumin, u2028mustard seeds and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 1u00a0minute or until aromatic. Add curry leaves. Cook for 30u00a0seconds or until aromatic (be careful, mixture will spit). Add onion and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes u2028or until golden. Add garlic, chilli and rind u2028and cook, stirring, for 2u00a0minutes or until aromatic. Reserve 1u20443 cup tarka mixture. Add the remaining tarka mixture and u20282 tbs lemon juice to the cauliflower mixture. u2028Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Season well.
- Ladle soup among bowls. Top with reserved tarka mixture. Serve with u2028the yoghurt and naan bread.
Nutritions of Roast Cauliflower Dhal Soup
fatContent: 290.624 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6.3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 22 milligrams cholesterol