Hearty Chicken Noodle And Cabbage SoupBy Curtis Stone On Jul 21, 2020
Cooking Hearty chicken noodle and cabbage soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Hearty chicken noodle and cabbage soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Make the most of cold winter nights with this hearty chicken noodle and cabbage soup from Curtis Stone.
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Hearty Chicken Noodle And Cabbage Soup
- 1 teaspoon Coles Olive Oil
- 4 baby carrots, cut into 3mm thick discs
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 3mm thick slices
- 1/2 leek (white part only), cut into 1/2cm pieces
- 200g Coles Small Spiral Pasta
- 1/2 wombok cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 baby carrots, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.7 kg Coles Whole Fresh Chicken
The instruction how to make Hearty Chicken Noodle And Cabbage Soup
- For the stock: heat the oil in a large deep saucepan over medium heat and sweat the onion, carrots, celery, and bay leaf for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add the whole chicken to the pan and cover with about 4 litres of water at room temperature.
- Bring the liquid to a low simmer and cook gently for 25 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Skim and discard any fat that rises to the top of the liquid.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the stock to a baking tray and let cool slightly at room temperature. Strain the stock through a fine mesh sieve and discard the solids.
- Once the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, pull apart into bite-size pieces and reserve, discarding the skin and bones.
- For the soup, return the same saucepan to a low-medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the carrots, celery and leek and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer, then pour in the pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the saucepan and add the cabbage. Continue cooking until the pasta is al dente and the cabbage has wilted for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into soup bowls and serve.
Nutritions of Hearty Chicken Noodle And Cabbage Soup
fatContent: 716.761 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45.6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4.9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 80 grams protein
sodiumContent: 223 milligrams cholesterol