Chilled Fresh Tomato And Basil SoupBy Kerrie Mullins On Jul 19, 2020
Cooking Chilled fresh tomato and basil soup step by step details? If you are looking cooking tips for Chilled fresh tomato and basil soup you've come to the right place. We have how to make, information, instruction, ingredients and including image, and video detail.
Enjoy the best of the summers tomato harvest with this refreshing bowl of zesty goodness
All you have to do is throw all your ingredients of Chilled Fresh Tomato And Basil Soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg very ripe tomatoes
- 160ml (2/3 cup) water
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Chilled Fresh Tomato And Basil Soup
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until the onion softens slightly.
- Meanwhile, use a sharp knife to cut a shallow cross in the base of each tomato. Place the tomatoes in a large heatproof bowl and cover with plenty of boiling water. Cover and set aside for 1-2 minutes or until the skins begin to split. Drain the tomatoes. Carefully peel the skins and discard. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Place the onion mixture and tomatoes in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add the water, processing until combined. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and stir in the basil. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill before serving.
Nutritions of Chilled Fresh Tomato And Basil Soup
fatContent: 111.135 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 3 grams protein
Tags : microwave, quick, healthy, entrée, starter, lunch, mexican, summer, basil, soup, tomato, soups, appetiser, entree, comfort food, winter, vegetarian, dinner, easy, simple, everyday, budget, entr,